Locksport Groups
Locksport Local
Chapter President's Office
Locksport Board Room

Featured Picks
Locksmiths
Locksmiths Forum

Help with Lagard 3330 -

Having read the FAQ's you are still unfulfilled and seek more enlightenment, so post your general questions here.

Moderators: digital_blue, zeke79

Help with Lagard 3330 -

Postby daniel99 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:09 pm

[Please don't laugh too hard] :(

Not trying to make a career - was just trying to change a combination on a LaGard 3330. Now, the combination is changed to something? and cabinet/lock are open (better than locked out, I suppose)

Have metal cabinet with LaGard 3330 Group 2 Combination Lock. Got combination from previous owner - worked fine. BUT, we have had several staff changes - and I want to change the combination. SO - I bought (on eBay for $10.50) a Group 2 Change key. The Change key arrived, I opened the cabinet and tried to insert the change key. Didn't go in far enough to allow turning. SO, it looked to me like the lock case was not deep enough to allow the change ke to turn. SO, I took off the cover and inserted the change key, and tried to change the combination - next thing I know, I can't open the combination (the old one won't work) and I can't get the change key to insert AND the instructions say I must have the combination.

Do I need a locksmith? Or can someone help?

dan
daniel99

Postby Chrispy » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:04 pm

What you need to do is take the back cover off and line up the wheels so that the gates line up and the change hole lines up. Then turn all three wheels around (at the same time) so that the change holes are under the change hole opening on the back cover. Then put the change key into the hole on the back cover and into the three change holes on the wheels. Change combination to the change index as normal.
Some things may be pick proof, but everything can be bypassed....
Chrispy

Postby Al » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:01 pm

La Gard four wheel change keys will fit into a 3330 but not turn. You might not have followed the instructions fully OR you might have the wrong change key. Is the bend 90` or a little less? If it still won't go in after doing as Chrispy said, phone around your local Safe Techs for a new change key. I would expect a brand new one to cost less than $10. Also ask them about having the safe serviced and combination reset. Some units do need a little TLC from time to time and it's always cheaper while it still opens!
If you reset the combo test the lock three times with the door open, then come back half an hour later and try it again, only then shut the door.
Alan Morgan Master Locksmiths.
Experts in Locks and Safes.
Al

Return to Got Questions - Ask Hobby Lockpicking Questions Here