Advanced Lock Pick Tools

Locksport Groups
Locksport Local
Chapter President's Office
Locksport Board Room

Featured Picks
Locksmiths
Locksmiths Forum

What'n where are good, cheap lock picking tools?

Having read the FAQ's you are still unfulfilled and seek more enlightenment, so post your general questions here.

Moderators: digital_blue, zeke79

What'n where are good, cheap lock picking tools?

Postby adam p » Wed May 21, 2008 6:51 pm

I am still new to this and i really want to advance my skills. i have been using a filed down allen key for a tension wrench and paper clips for pickers, but they suck so are there any cheap yet pretty good lock picking tools on the internet?

Also, i am looking for bump keys and the 'gun thingy.' i have made a homemade gun but it doesnt really work, so i want to get one first hand and pull it apart and see how it works and that.

tHANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!! :P :) :D :o :lol: :wink:
SSSSSuuuuuupa!
adam p

Re: What'n where are good, cheap lock picking tools?

Postby hydruh » Wed May 21, 2008 9:47 pm

adam p wrote:I am still new to this and i really want to advance my skills. i have been using a filed down allen key for a tension wrench and paper clips for pickers, but they suck so are there any cheap yet pretty good lock picking tools on the internet?

Hi, Adam, welcome to the site. Take a second and introduce yourself on the Announcements thread for new users. There are also a number of stickys on the forum about tools and suppliers. Surf around, you'll find exactly what you need.

As far as cost effective tools, there are number of threads on this board about homemade tools, which are quite inexpensive to make. Also, lockpickshop, one of our sponsors, sells picks by the each. You could get a tension wrench and a small hoof from them for $4, and if you use the code LP101 at checkout you save 10%.

S
hydruh
Supporter
Supporter

Postby apb » Fri May 23, 2008 1:01 pm

I would forget about the "gun thingy". You are most likely referring to the pick/snapgun. It can work SOMETIMES, but it will never replace skill acquired through constant practice with basic tools. Your best bet is to get some standard pick designs(half-diamond, hook and rake) a decent tension wrench. Southord is a good company to start with also.
apb

Return to Got Questions - Ask Hobby Lockpicking Questions Here