Locksport Groups
Locksport Local
Chapter President's Office
Locksport Board Room

Featured Picks
Locksmiths
Locksmiths Forum

Old Abloy padlock

Information about locks themselves. Questions, tips and lock diagram information should be posted here.

Moderators: zeke79, keysman

Old Abloy padlock

Postby parapilot » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:18 am

Anyone got any information on this lock. Iv had it donated as a friend has lost the key. Looks old (1993) and has ABLOY 3041-25 on it.

Iv been getting into disk locks and i think this may be a good practice lock??????

Please note i want info about the lock, breakdown pics, false notches etc, NOT picking info as this is not allowed. Im learning to pick disk locks else where for now until i have the requirements / admins blessing for the advanced forums

Cheers
Jamie.
parapilot

Postby Biff » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:57 am

You might want to take a look at this site:
http://www.toool.nl/index-eng.php

On the right column, there are links to a series of pdf files that talk about abloy disc locks. I'm pretty sure some of the documents there will help you out because they contain a lot of pictures and detailed descriptions. Check out:
Abloy classic (part1)
Abloy Disklock/Exec (part2)
Abloy Protec (part3)
Abloy special products (part4)

Hope that helps.
Biff

Postby mh » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:15 am

You can find even more info around here if you include "ABUS Plus" in your search.
ABUS also introduced disc locks some time ago.

If you want to learn more about the lock, consider making a cutaway. It's not that difficult: viewtopic.php?t=13882&highlight=abus+plus

(I am also fascinated by this locking mechanism - I even created my sig from one of these pictures.)

Cheers,
mh
"The techs discovered that German locks were particularly difficult" - Robert Wallace, H. Keith Melton w. Henry R. Schlesinger, Spycraft: The secret history of the CIA's spytechs from communism to Al-Qaeda (New York: Dutton, 2008), p. 210
mh

Postby parapilot » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:52 am

Thanks guys,

I have read the toool articals and found them very usefull explaining disk locks. May look into doing a cut away, but dont want to butcher the lock as i want to eventually pick it!
parapilot

Postby mh » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:13 am

parapilot wrote:May look into doing a cut away, but dont want to butcher the lock as i want to eventually pick it!

The lock in my sig can actually still be picked :)
I have to close my eyes, though. 8)
The good thing about this style of cutaways is that it allows you to see and feel the lock working at the same time - teaches a lot.

Cheers,
mh
"The techs discovered that German locks were particularly difficult" - Robert Wallace, H. Keith Melton w. Henry R. Schlesinger, Spycraft: The secret history of the CIA's spytechs from communism to Al-Qaeda (New York: Dutton, 2008), p. 210
mh

Return to Locks