Locksport Groups
Locksport Local
Chapter President's Office
Locksport Board Room

Featured Picks
Locksmiths
Locksmiths Forum

Master lock no.17

lock picking techniques, videos, lessons, skills and building them so you can pick locks in nanoseconds.

Moderators: Kaotik, Chucklz

Master lock no.17

Postby amehel0 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:08 pm

I have a few problems. firstly i have a master lock no.17 (5 pin). i have home made picks, a hook and a custom shape and a pretty crappy tension. when i attemt to place thhey dont fit its not the thickness its just the size of my tools, do u guys rekon that this 14 peice kit is a worthy investment.

http://www.lockpickshop.com/p-PXS-14.html

secondlyi have a lockwood 5 pin house lock. i have re pinned it and i can pick it when there are 3 pins but not four again do you guys think i should get better toools? i have managed to pick different locks with theese tools a filing cabinet, a no-name padlock, a money box and other stuff. i have been picking for a few months.

Any comments or tips would be appreciated.
amehel0

keep working

Postby raimundo » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:53 pm

good start, but don't stop making newer better tools. its easier to do with good tools. and ya don't have to buy them, they are easy to make.
raimundo

Postby random » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:25 am

Looks like I joined LP101 the day after you and I'm finding that every new tool I make is an improvement over the last one with regard to size, finish and how well it works.. The set you linked to looks good IMHO but I'm enjoying making picks so much I thought I'd encourage you to keep going! :wink:
random

Postby jackbeef » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:30 am

That's a nice set, 4 tension tools. :D
jackbeef

similar

Postby mfschantz » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:06 am

The set you pictured is very similar to the SouthOrd set I purchased when I started picking a few months ago. I have had no issues picking with the set I bought as far as the picks go, so I imagine you'd be pretty well off with this set. Good luck and happy picking. :)
mfschantz

Postby Deathadder » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:04 am

what! bs! they only gave me 3 tension wrenches for my set! sneaky $%^&ers... Then again mine came with a broken key extractor... ah who cares, the set is definitely good, especially for the price. Its pretty much all you'll need except *maybe* a slimline set, but that depends on where you live. I don't even use all the ones that I have, not even sure if I touched the full ball... You may want to polish and de-burr them though. The set will do good in helping you decide which tools you like best, but after that, you may want to get more specific with your picks, and just make your own.
It's ok guys, i have a really bad attention sp-wow look, a beach!
Deathadder

tools

Postby amehel0 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:03 pm

yeh i made my first to put i dont have any tools to make a snake pick which is what i really really really want.plus my tension tool sux real bad
amehel0

Postby Firearm » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:26 pm

All you need to make a snake is a small jewelers file that can be bought at any hardware store for about $5 or less. The easy way is with a dremel style tool that can be had for less than $20 at Wal-Mart or any major hardware store. My Wal-Mart has a cordless rechargeable rotary tool for that price.
Firearm
Supporter
Supporter

dc

Postby amehel0 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:03 pm

i got a dremmel my prob is no bits and i have no blow torch to make tension wrench and i mainly need tension wrench
amehel0

Postby UWSDWF » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:12 pm

just use pliers
DISCLAIMER:repeating anything written in the above post may result in dismemberment,arrest,drug and/or alcohol use,scars,injury,death, and midget obsession.
UWSDWF
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Pick-Fu - Do... Not try.